looking for riders in cincinnati/dayton area

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

looking for riders in cincinnati/dayton area

Postby derexer » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:11 am

I am new to the sport, but i am very interested. i would like to hook up with anyone in the southern OH region that is an active kiteboarder.

anyone know of any groups in the area or if you are looking to hook up and have riding buddies, let me know
If it didn't hurt... it probably wasn't any fun.
derexer
Board Monkey

ohio

Postby kitesurfer » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:42 am

I live in Cincinnati and have been kite boarding for about 1 year now. I am heading down to South Padre Island this weekend. I highly recommend it if you haven't been there before. I will be traveling to Michigan and Chicago this summer to kite board, and I also plan to check out local areas within Ohio. Although I have gotten a few recommendations for where to kite in Ohio, I haven't checked them out yet. I have a 13m slingshot and am anxiously awaiting my 16m Cabrinha crossbow to arrive in the mail today.

What types of kites do you have? Where have you been kiting? Have you been to any local areas in Ohio?
kitesurfer
Chop Wrestler

Postby derexer » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:25 pm

So far I have been mostly with a trainer and a mountainboard. I took lessons this past weekend and then hit lake Huron up at Caseville on the way home.

I have a 12M Assault that i am trying to learn although i have yet to find enough wind locally to hit the board with it.

My buddy wants to try kiting on ceasar's creek, but i am not sure of the wind quality.

how often do you make the trip north to the lakes? we will have to hook up for some over the summer.
If it didn't hurt... it probably wasn't any fun.
derexer
Board Monkey

Postby V » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:03 am

hey guys, post any info please about places to ride on the water near cincinnatti. If you're north of Dayton, Grand Lake St Marys State Park, which is about 30 minutes SE of Decatur and prob 30 min north of Dayton looks like a great lake to ride. Runs East West and is about 5 miles long and about a mile or so wide. If the wind is from the W, SW, or NW, it would probably work pretty well. I tried to find a launch, but as a guy who can self launch from the water, I can go just about anywhere and on the NE corner of the lake, right off the highway exit, there's some spots, but there's trees in the way, its not huge. You guys might want to cruise the lake a bit to see if there's better access on the East side for W winds so it would be on shore and cleaner
V
Unstrapped!

Return to Open Forum